Wyatt Matthew Treadway




Wyatt Matthew Treadway

Our Precious Angel

Wyatt Matthew Treadway was born Saturday, January 5, 2013, at 1:25am and was given his wings to join our God in Heaven, January 5, 2013, at 9:10am.  We were blessed with almost 8 hours with our precious little boy. Eight hours that can never be taken from us.

I found out Friday, June 8, 2012, that I was pregnant.  A blessing from above!  Monday, June 11, 2012, I had my first u/s, and that’s when I saw his little heartbeat for the first time.  I knew then that this little person was going to be very special! A few weeks passed and it was time for my 10wk check up.  I took Wyatt’s big sister, Emily. This was the appointment where we would be able to hear his heartbeat. It was a nice and strong heartbeat. Weeks passed and there were more appointments, but I couldn’t wait for the appointment where they would tell me…girl or boy! September 27th was the u/s(I was 22wks).  After about 30 mins. The sonographer said…”You’re having a BOY! But there were some concerns…. They saw “markers” that could indicate a chromosonal disorder. WHAT? This can’t be happening, not to my baby boy! We scheduled a level 2 u/s for the following week.
October 5th was the day that they confirmed what we had feared. Our son had Trisomy 18. How were we going to explain this to family and friends? Most importantly how were we going to tell our daughter? The next three months were almost unbearable. I had several more appointments. Each one giving me the opportunity to hear my son’s heartbeat. Something I NEVER got tired of hearing. I had my last u/s December 19th. I had requested this u/s for a couple of different reasons; one, I wanted to see my little boy again and two, I was curious as to how big he was. January 4, 2013, I had a check-up and an appointment to set a date for induction. We had decided on Monday, January 14, 2013. I would be 37wks. Wyatt Matthew had other plans….Friday, January 4th at about 6:00pm, my water broke and because I had retained so much amniotic fluid it wasn’t until about 6:45pm before I could leave the house and head for the hospital. Once there, I was settled in and preparations were made for our son, Wyatt Matthew, to enter this world. The doctor arrived around 12:30am, January 5th and checked my progress. I was fully dilated. So with the next contraction, I was pushing.

At 1:25am, on January 5, 2013, Wyatt Matthew Treadway entered this world (his big sister cut the cord) and with his arrival, touched the lives of everyone who knew him. He was surrounded by his family and friends. His aunt said, “If love was a healer, Wyatt would still be with us today, because I’ve never felt so much love as I did that night.” And it is true, Wyatt only knew real true love. After holding and loving him (all 4lbs 9.3oz and 18 inches of him), it was time for his bath. Our wonderful nurse allowed Wyatt’s big sister, Emily, to take part in his care; bathing, changing his diaper and dressing him. Those are memories she will hold close to her heart FOREVER! After 7 hours and 45 minutes, Wyatt passed away in my arms, receiving his wings at 9:10am on January 5, 2013. I held on to my precious little boy for as long as I could. Although the pain is almost unbearable, I can find peace in knowing that there IS a Heaven, because I held an angel for 7 hours and 45 minutes. We were blessed to have been chosen to carry one of God’s precious angels.

Would you like to make a donation in memory of this child?